What is the difference between the IB and the Norwegian national system?
- The IB instruction language is English
- Only six subjects + CAS and TOK
- Smaller groups (rather than full classes) with close connection between student and tutors
- No physical education, - but activity included in CAS
- The subject of Norwegian is a study of literature and academic writing
- Assessment in all subjects according to the formal IB assessment criteria
- Oral individual exams in all language subjects
- Written exams in English in all subjects at the end of the third and final year
- The exams are short, varying from 45 minutes to 2,5 hours.